Doctor insights on:
Foods That Lower Blood Sugar
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
70-99mg/dl fasting: Normal blood sugars are between 70-100mg/dl when you are in a fasting state (at least 8hrs). Diabetes is present when the number hits 126mg/dl in the fasting state. When the sugars fall in between these ranges (100-125), this would be considered impaired fasting glucose or pre-diabetes (borderline diabetes). ...Read more
I smoke rarely, every few days i would have one. Would i be able to keep a good blood glucose/sugar level if i just have just one cigarette?
Your blood: Sugar depends upon thousands of things, most of which you cannot control. You can, however, control diet, exercise, risk factors, medication, monitoring, glucose control etc. Smoking is one of those thing you an also control. It's not up to me to tell you how much you can get away with before you have trouble, because it's impossible to state with certainty. Your choice. I can't give permission. ...Read more
Age29.weight 110. my blood glucose fasting should be 74-106 but report is 109.so is it ok or i have sugar.and if it is not good then is it curabable?
What is making my vision blur? Its worse when i eat sugar or blood glucose goes below 5.0mmol but is sometimes blurred when glucose level is good.Idea
Fluctuating glucose: Patients with fluctuating blood sugar levels often have fluctuations in vision. It could be simply that, something like latent hyperopia and need for glasses, or something more serious. You need a good eye exam to diagnose. Diabetics need to be seen annually at the least. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods that lower blood sugar levels naturally
- List of foods that lower blood sugar naturally
- Foods that are low fat and low in sugar for high blood pressure
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Foods that help regulate blood sugar
- Are there any foods that lower blood pressure?
- Is it true that cinnamon can lower blood sugar in people with diabetes?
- What are the active chemical components of bitter melon that help to lower blood sugar levels?
- Food herbs that lower blood sugar levels