Doctor insights on:
Foods Containing Iodine Thyroid
Yes: Iodine deficiency will cause hypothyroidism and enlargement (goiter) of the thyroid. Do not take more than about 1000 mcg of iodine because high doses can cause problems if you have hashimoto's thyroiditis. Also, 2 recents reports from china and japan have suggested that high doses of iodine may increase the risk of thyroid cancer. Too much of a good thing is then not good. ...Read more
2 weeks on low iodine diet for thyroid cancer whole body scan. Is vegan food ok during diet since it contains no dairy?
Is 5omcg of iodine (thyroid support suppl.) plus kalium iodatum 4x 30mg (osteoheel) too much iodine?
Yes: Unless you live in western china you do not need extra i as "support", have your doctor check if you have a thyroid problem. ...Read more
Some foods interfere with thyroid medication absorbtion for hypothyroidism, are drumstick (moringa), Ivy gourd and Jaggery safe to consume?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Food that contain iodine
- What foods contain iodine iodide?
- Foods that contain low iodine content
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does chlorella contain iodine?
- Things that contain iodine
- Does seaweed contain iodine?
- Herbs containing sulfur and iodine
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free