Doctor insights on:
Fluid In The Lungs And Cancer
My sister has fluid on her lungs, she has cancer in her abdomen wall and has spread to her nodules. how long to live?
Life span: There is no one but God that knows the number of days we each have but you are describing someone with a terminal disease process. I would advise your sister to get her affairs in order. There is no way to know exact how long she will live. Best of luck to you and your sister. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not directly: Fluid in the lungs may be related to fluid overload if the kidneys are not functioning, may be related to coincidental heart disease, or may be related to inflammation in the lung, from pneumonia or blood clot. Kidney cancer may be associated with an increased risk of blood clot which could break off and travel to the lung. If there is shortness of breath or pain in the chest, see md immediately. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Maybe probably not: Fluid around the lungs is often secondary to infection, trauma, heart failure The build up of fluid in the pericardium may be due to heart failure, a viral illness, pneumonia but its not that likely. The fluid should be drained and tested they can see is cancer cells are in there and what it is composed of. Don't panic ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Maybe, maybe not: Fluid can develop around the lung for many reasons, most common being cancer, infection and heart failure. Most of the time when a chest tube or needle is used to drain the fluid, tests will be done to determine what caused the fluid to accumulate which will then determine what other treatment may be necessary. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My mother, 77, was recently diagnosed w Stage IV lung cancer w malignant pleural effusion. She started spitting up yellow bile. Is it spreading?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Life expectancy with cancer cells in fluid around the lung
- What can you expect in the final stages of metastasis lung and brain cancer?
- Pancreatic cancer fluid buildup in the lungs
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lung cancer and fluid around the heart
- Fluid in the lungs cancer
- Cancer in the breast throat lungs liver and leg
- What causes fluid in the lungs and around the heart?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free