Doctor insights on:
Flu Shots Hip
Yes: The flu shot is given usually in the deltoid (upper arm) with a short needle in the muscle itself. It could be given in the buttock as long as it is given in the muscle with a needle long enough to reach the muscle and you are sure it is in the muscle. Easier to get in the upper arm and you don't have to drop trow! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am having a total hip replacement in a couple of weeks and I have diabetes 2. Should i get the flu shot before.My surgery?
I had this lump a week ago on my hip, it didn't hurt, it just itched. 2 days beforehand i had gotten flu vaccine, mmr, tetanus, and hepatitus b shots.
3 influenza strains.: If you're asking about which strains, it contains the following 3 influenza strains for the 2011/2012 season: •a/california/7/2009 (h1n1)-like (same strain as was used for 2009 h1n1 monovalent vaccines) •a/perth/16/2009 (h3n2)-like •b/brisbane/60/2008-like. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mid-Sep. to mid-Nov.: In the U.S., the best time to get a flu shot each fall is in October, which means September through November is fine. However, if one misses his shot at those times, it is still fine to get it anytime until the end of the flu season. The flu season ends at the end of winter (February-March). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whether flu shots can be given in the hip
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the flu shot?
- Why does my arm hurt after getting a flu shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Swollen lymph nodes after flu shot
- Flu shot red swollen itchy
- Pain in upper left arm after the flu shot how long it lasts
- Sore arm after flu shot
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online