Doctor insights on:
Flatulence And Ovarian Cysts
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
44 y.o. F, nausea w/o vomiting for 3 wks, some aching glands, flatulence approx. 1 mo., history of ovarian cysts, abdom. pain past 3 mo. - related?
Maybe maybe not: This sounds more like a gastrointestinal issue than an ovarian issue especially with the increase flatulence. A lot of women have IBS in addition to GYN problems. Excessive bowel activity (lower) can also increase nausea. Of course if its possible for you to be pregnant, please check a pregnancy test. A large cyst with torsion would cause pain and vomitting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ovarian cyst is not: Causing your gas and constipation both of which are related to your fluid and fiber intake. Eat a high fiber diet not exceeding 25 gms of fiber and drink 80-100 ounces of caffeine free/alcohol free fluid daily and the gas and constipation should resolve in 2 weeks, otherwise you need a colonoscopy! ...Read more
Could a ovarian cysts cause pain when you need to go to the bathroom, or when you need to pass gas?
Possibly: Large cysts could produce these symptoms. See your doctor. ...Read more
Usually doesn't : Ovarian cysts are part of normal function of the ovary for most women. It's what allows for pregnancy. Burping and gas pains sound more like a stomach or bowel problem. Certain foods and drinks can also cause increased probelms with burping and gas formation in you bowels. Watch you diet and see if you can link certain foods to the problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- The difference between appendicitis and ovarian cysts
- Can a ovarian cyst cause pain in hips and legs?
- Can ovarian cyst cause gas and constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ovarian cyst and foul smelling discharge
- Signs and symptoms of internal bleeding from ovarian cyst
- Difference between painful ovarian cyst and appendicitis
- What is the difference between polycystic ovaries and ovarian cysts?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free