Doctor insights on:
Fitful Sleep In Newborn
Sleep like your baby: Once your joyous bundle arrives, sleep suddenly becomes a hot commodity. Only getting 2-3 hours of shut eye at a time can be quite a shock to your system. Just remember this: it won't last forever and you will get more sleep with each passing month. Take these midnight nursing and feeding sessions for what they are, intimate bonding time for you and your baby. Also? Sleep when the baby sleeps. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Up for feed every3-4: Newborns sleep about 20 hours out of 24 a day. Initially day and night should be about the same. The baby needs to feed every 3-4 hours day and night. Initially if your baby gets to that 4 hour limit, you need to gently stir them to feed.Once your baby is gaining good weight and is back to birth weight, you might be able to stretch that night feed to 5 hours. Ask your baby's doc how often! ...Read more
Sleep - newborn: When he gets toilt trained.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Newborn sleep training methods
- Sleep training newborns
- Newborn sleeping in bed with parents
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to sleep with a newborn in the bed?
- Is it ok for newborn to sleep in swing?
- Newborn sleep bassinet
- Newborn not sleeping enough
- Talk to a pediatrician online