Doctor insights on:
First Signs Of Strep Throat
There is a painless patch in the back of my throat on my left tonsil. Could this be the first sign of strep throat or something more serious?
Non-specific: If your throat is infected you can be checked for strep with rapid screening techniques, and this is important because treatment will prevent post-streptococcal complications like rheumatic fever. ...Read more
I have had a sore throat for the past three days with no other symptoms. There are no white spots or signs of strep throat. What should I do?
I've had strep throat twice, and first thought they were colds. How can a person tell the difference?
Pain on swallowing,,: Pain on swallowing, sore throat, fever, chills, fatigue, and enlarged tonsils and cervical lymph nodes. Diagnosis is by throat culture, and this can be done in a walk-in clinic on the same day. Treatment is with benzathine penicillin/penicillin x 10 days, and it is important to get it within 9 days of onset, before possible acute renal failure that can rarely happen with this disease. ...Read more
Ulcers Where?: Sxs of strep throat can include: pain of throat; large, red tonsils w white exudates; small red dots on roof of mouth; swollen lymph nodes on neck; fever, headache, rash, difficulty swallowing, fatigue or rash. Complications :infection of middle ear, sinuses, tonsils, skin, blood as well as scarlet fever, inflammation of kidney (glomerulonephritis) ; eventually rheumatic fever. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the first signs of strep throat?
- Early signs of strep throat
- Is strep throat a sign of pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Strep throat during first trimester
- Strep throat and pregnancy first trimester
- When was strep throat first discovered
- Signs that strep throat is going away
- Talk to a pediatrician online