Doctor insights on:
First Signs Of Strep Throat
There is a painless patch in the back of my throat on my left tonsil. Could this be the first sign of strep throat or something more serious?
Non-specific: If your throat is infected you can be checked for strep with rapid screening techniques, and this is important because treatment will prevent post-streptococcal complications like rheumatic fever. ...Read more
I have had a sore throat for the past three days with no other symptoms. There are no white spots or signs of strep throat. What should I do?
I've had strep throat twice, and first thought they were colds. How can a person tell the difference?
Pain on swallowing,,: Pain on swallowing, sore throat, fever, chills, fatigue, and enlarged tonsils and cervical lymph nodes. Diagnosis is by throat culture, and this can be done in a walk-in clinic on the same day. Treatment is with benzathine penicillin/penicillin x 10 days, and it is important to get it within 9 days of onset, before possible acute renal failure that can rarely happen with this disease. ...Read more
I might have strep throat just stated showing signs of it today. nvr had it before its a bit painful. would it still be ok to go to the doctor tomorow?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the first signs of strep throat?
- Is strep throat a sign of hiv?
- Is strep throat a sign of pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs and symptoms of strep throat in adults
- What are the first signs of throat cancer?
- Signs and symptoms of strep throat in infants
- What are the signs of strep throat in adults?
- Talk to a pediatrician online