Doctor insights on:
First Bowel Movement After Colonoscopy
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
No: The "transit time" for a normal person's colon (time it takes stool to get from the beginning to the end of the colon) varies from one to several days. Therefore, after you've done a bowel preparation prior to your colonoscopy, and the colon is empty, it may take a few days for stool to make it around to the rectum. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Depends: Usually in 1-2 days.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after colonoscopy for bowel movement?
- How long after colonoscopy for normal bowel movement?
- Bowel movement after colonoscopy
- What to do if you dont have bowel movement after colonoscopy?
- Normal bowel movement after colonoscopy
- First bowel movement after gastric bypass
- How long after a colonoscopy before a bowel movement?
- After a colonoscopy when bowel movement
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online