Doctor insights on:
Other symptoms?: Usually this is due to wear-and-tear to the area of skin and subsequent regeneration. Other possibilities include contact dermatitis, fungal/bacterial infection, eczema, vitamin deficiency or toxicity (too much). Associated pain or itching, redness, blisters, pus could be signs of these other medical problems. ...Read more
Smoking: There is a disease called buerger disease that effects the small arteries and veins in the fingertips causing them of close. Smoking increases the incidence. We see it in men more often but smokers the most. Usually there is burning or numbness in the fingers or toes. If you smoke stop now. ...Read more
Finger pains? : Hmmm.. Is this a new pain? How long has it lasted? Any fever? Take a look at his hands, do they look discolored? Either pale, or blue? How do they feel to touch? Cool? Or warm? Look at the joints, do they look normal? Or swollen? Any redness overlying a joint? These are some initial questions. Happy to consult with photos in a prime visit. A visit to his pediatrician otherwise is in order! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Heterogeneous thyroid gland without discrete nodule means
- What is a lung subpleural nodule?
- Can thyroid nodules cause pain in your throat and ears?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Thyroid nodules
- Hypoechoic heterogeneous thyroid nodule
- Increased vascularity in thyroid nodule
- Hypodense nodule in left thyroid lobe
- Nodules on fingertips