Doctor insights on:
Finger Swelling Treatment
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Too broad question : Several reasons could cause swelling, more info needed. Do you have an infection? What about rheumatoid arthritis? History of gout or any recent trauma? Even a hangnail can be responsible for it. Please check with your local er doctor or your pcp. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Finger swelling: There are really all sorts of things that could cause this depending on the exact nature and location of the swelling. So, for example, sudden joint swelling could be arthritic, as with gout. The end of the finger or even the entire digit can swell with some infections. Cysts that fluctuate in size can cause sudden isolated swelling. And of course trauma. Have someone take a look. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many ways: It depends on the cause... Is it related to retaining fluid through out the body? An injury? Arthritis? Even some rheumatologic conditions can cause chronic finger swelling. Your primary care doctor can help sort these out and decide if you should see a hand surgeon. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for swelling of fingers or hand
- What is the best treatment for swelling of fingers or hand?
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for finger swelling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herbal treatment for finger swelling
- Smashed finger swelling treatment
- Treatment for swelling of fingers in winter season
- Finger swelling and pain for no reason
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free