Doctor insights on:
Finger Amputated Will Bandaged Stump Heal
It depends: Reimplantation of a digit is a complex topic. Depending on the location, amount of amputation, how long it has been amputated and the viability of the tissue, will all determine whether not he can be re-implanted. If this recently happened, you should proceed to an emergency department for further evaluation. ...Read more
Is this phantom pain? How long after amputation should one experience pain in nerve endings of stump?
Desensitize: Fingertip hypersensitivity is much more common after tip amp. Than true phantom pain. This can be self treated by rubbing the tip on progressively rougher surfaces and working up to tapping the tip on a smooth then rough surface. If this cannot be accomplished, you may have a neuroma, bone fragment or other issue that needs a hand surgeon. Sensitivity of the tip can last mos to a year in general. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
12 - 24 hours: There is no muscle in a finger, so we have more time to reattach it. Ideally if the amputated part is kept cold, replantation will be possible for 12 to 24 hours after injury. There are reports of fingers that were not kept cold sucessfully replanted up to 24 hours. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take a broken finger to heal?
- Finger amputated will learn write all over
- How long will it take for a broken finger to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When will a broken finger typically heal
- Will finger heal
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- Will my nail fall off if black after hammer hit the finger
- How long will a broken finger take to heal?