Doctor insights on:
Find A Qigong Massage And Autism Therapist
Can 22 month old be diagnosed with autism before 3rd b-day? He's been seeing therapist for over 6 months for 40% social and communication delays
Autism is a brain development disorder. It shows up in the first 3 years of life and affects communication and social interaction. Check out these 2 websites--autism society of america and autism speaks . Both are good informative websites . I have many autistic patients who do well. Be informed and seek an evaluation ...Read more
I'm a male with lumbar disc pain. I use stretching exercise & massage to alleviate what is usually mild to moderate pain. I find, too, wearing a stretching lumbar belt (with velco on either end) to be helpful . My massage therapist said one of his client
Strengthening: You need to add abdominal & low back strengthening to your stretching. The belt will weaken your abdominal muscles even though it feels good. ...Read more
Take it slowly: I assume you were referred to a massage therapist, or feel massage would help even though you're anxious about it. (otherwise i'd say just don't go.) like most other therapists, a massage therapist will understand if it's new to you and the idea makes you uncomfortable. Read about massage, and maybe start with a short session, or limit it to parts of your body that don't trigger anxiety. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I know that having an erectiion occur during massage therapy is common, but can someone tell me how the therapist may feel about it?
Erection: Wrong Time: Hi any professional massage therapist is very aware of this common occurrence and should handle the situation with dignity. In most instances the massage just continues. With repeated massages the novelty wears off a bit and this unexpected erections don't occur as often. Please do not let this worry keep you from this important treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a massage therapist and a chiropractor?
- What are the differences between a massage therapist and a chiropractor?
- I have a bump on my neck it feels like a knot should i apply heat and massage
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is a back neck and shoulder massage safe in pregnancy?
- How do i know if i should see a massage therapist or a chiropractor?
- What is the difference between a shy person and a person with autism?
- Iep goals and objectives for a student with autism
- Talk to a pediatrician online