Doctor insights on:
Final Stages Of Stomach Cancer
Gastroscopy: Usually stomach cancer is associated with symptoms. Either bleeding from the ulcerating lesion associated with the early form of tumor, some evidence of obstruction when the lesion, now rare is in the prepyloric area or swallowing problems when related to the upper stomach, cardio-esophageal region. In any of the cases when a question of some pathology arises, a gastroscopy/biopsy is indicated. ...Read more
Cancer cell spread: The stage of stomach cancer depends on how far cancer cells have spread or invaded. This can be stages 0, i, ii, iii, or iv. Stage 0 is very early disease that has not spread. Stage i is minimal or local invasion. Stages ii and iii are more invasive. Stage IV is metastatic or has spread to tissues, lymph nodes, or other organs further from the original tumor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on type: Gastric cancers are glandular most often, while lymphomas can also be seen. Tumor stage is determined by tumor size and lymph node status. Are lymph node involved? After radical surgery (removing the tumor and lymph nodes) chemotherapy and radiation can be used to achieve a good outcome. Young patients often have a better response to chemotherapy. ...Read more
Advanced: Staging varies a little depending on whether the cancer started in the liver or in the stomach but either way means an advanced cancer that extends to organs other than the place from which it originated. Prognosis is not good, i'm afraid. Very sorry, dear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Final stage of liver cancer and kidney failure
- What can you expect in the final stages of metastasis lung and brain cancer?
- What is a tumor describe the final stages of cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens to the body in final stages of lung cancer?
- Last stage of stomach cancer symptoms
- Final stages of ovarian cancer what to expect
- Final stages of throat cancer
- Talk to a oncologist online for free