Doctor insights on:
Fever During Pregnancy Second Trimester
What is cause: Fever in and of itself is not a problem to your infant. It will in no way cause problems with blood flow or placental function. The bigger question is what is causing the fever and can that be harmful to the baby. For instance, if you having a primary herpes infection causing your fever, this could infect the baby and cause problems. If you have a serious infection, also could harm. Find out why! ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
What medications are okay to take for cold symptoms and a low grade fever during the first trimester of pregnancy?
I had 104 fever for a few hour during the 4th week of my pregnancy. Now i'm in my 18th week of pregnancy. I'm worried that has my fever caused harm to my baby?
Most likely not : I know the media are full of the danish study that pregnant women who reported having the 'flu had twice as many children with autism; women who reported having fever for > a week had 3x as many, & women who required antibiotics had a slight increase. . However, these were self-reports by phone. While it's worth getting a flu shot, no harm was done by short-term illnesses.See www.Aap.Org. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Brown discharge during second trimester of pregnancy
- Thick white discharge during pregnancy in second trimester
- Why am i passing blood clots during my second trimester of pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fever during pregnancy third trimester
- Aches in vagina during second trimester of pregnancy
- What are the risks of smoking cigarettes during second trimester of pregnancy?
- Pelvic pressure during pregnancy second trimester
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free