Doctor insights on:
Fever 105f Or Greater
If one get mild fever aches after flu shot, is it because of bad immune system or on the contrary? Is there greater risk of symptom at next year shot?
My son has being with fever for a week. He is burping alot and his stools are softer than usual in greater amounts and very stinky.
Sent to ER for 105F fever, CT discovered fatty liver (non alcoholic), 18CM spleen, and 3CM splenic cyst. Cause of fever unknown, broke after 8 days (thought to be viral, fever decreased). Should I be concerned about the cyst? No known trauma prior.
Cysts and: fatty livers are common. Fatty liver occurs in about 10% of the population and higher in diabetics and heavy drinkers. Spleen cysts are rare UNLESS there has been previous trauma. It's hard to say about mononucleosis and spleen cysts. Cancers are generally solid, but have to grow unregulatedly to be cancer. Follow up imaging can determine if something is growing. Spleen cysts from infectn need bx ...Read more
Fever is a response: Something must have happened to you for the body to activate this immune defense. Although somewhat primitive, turning up the body temperature makes it harder for any invading germs to survive. A thorough history on where exactly u went, what exactly u did and what happened to u could reveal the source of the fever. If you're feeling ill, why not check in with your doc? Hope u feel better. ...Read more
Maybe not abnormal: Many people assume that 98.6F (or 37.0C) is the maximum normal human body temperature. It's not. It's actually the average temperature in most people. Everybody's body temperature rises and falls during the day, with highest typically in the evening hours -- and 99.8 is within the proper range. Since you otherwise are well, probably nothing is wrong. But see your doctor if you remain concerned. ...Read more
Two months of low fevers and sharp intermittent pains, at first mostly left side, now also right side.
Persistent fever: Full examination and work up as soon as possible. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does taking a hot shower or a cold shower treat a fever?
- Do adults with fever get hallucinations or delusions?
- Is a fever blister caused by the flu or fever normal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cold chills with no fever or signs of illness
- Can a fever blister be caused by food allergies or allergies to something else?
- Mono no sore throat or fever
- Finger joint pain after fever and mild cold signs unrelated or related
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free