Doctor insights on:
Ferritin Iron Levels
Ferritin is protein complex that binds iron and controls iron levels inside all of our cells. Low levels in the serum is a useful marker of iron deficiency. Macrophages are cells that contain large amounts of ferritin, and this that helps them scavenge RBC at sites of old hemorrhage. High serum ferritin levels occurs from macrophage activation and is a ...Read more
My husband age 62 low ferritin 15. Iron level fine not anemic either.Tired and short of breath.Been to lung, heart dr & esophagus scope all ok? Next?
My iron levels are worrying. How can I raise my ferritin levels without causing the iron to go too high?
Don't Rx a lab value: And especially, don't try to be your own physician based on things you've read on the internet. If you have a low serum ferritin, you're probably iron deficient and your first and foremost concern is why -- i.e., do you have stomach / colon cancer? Ulcer? Hookworm? Many 'healthy' / veg diets are iron deficient. Treating iron deficiency won't make you sick from 'too high iron'. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Low iron and ferritin levels
- Iron deficiency ferritin levels
- Ferritin level iron deficiency anemia
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low iron high ferritin levels
- Does low thyroid affect ferritin levels iron?
- The best iron supplement for low ferritin levels
- Ferritin level
- Talk to a pathologist online for free