Doctor insights on:
Ferritin Iron Levels
Ferritin is protein complex that binds iron and controls iron levels inside all of our cells. Low levels in the serum is a useful marker of iron deficiency. Macrophages are cells that contain large amounts of ferritin, and this that helps them scavenge RBC at sites of old hemorrhage. High serum ferritin levels occurs from macrophage activation and is a ...Read more
My iron levels are worrying. How can I raise my ferritin levels without causing the iron to go too high?
Don't Rx a lab value: And especially, don't try to be your own physician based on things you've read on the internet. If you have a low serum ferritin, you're probably iron deficient and your first and foremost concern is why -- i.e., do you have stomach / colon cancer? Ulcer? Hookworm? Many 'healthy' / veg diets are iron deficient. Treating iron deficiency won't make you sick from 'too high iron'. ...Read more
What causes low iron levels? How low are mine exactly?
Iron- 22 l(range: 50-170)
dibc- 424 (265-497)
% saturation- 5 l(15-50)
ferritin 6.6 l(6.0-137)
Mild to moderate iron deficiency: This kind of iron deficiency is very common in young women and can be related to heavy periods a diet rich in iron such as red meats and leaky this important plus iron supplement this could correct it if there is no acute or chronic bleeding that is undetected if you suspect a bleeding problem then please see your physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- The best iron supplement for low ferritin levels
- Does low thyroid affect ferritin levels iron?
- Low iron high ferritin levels
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Iron deficiency ferritin levels
- Ferritin level iron deficiency anemia
- Low iron and ferritin levels
- What does a low iron saturation level mean?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free