Doctor insights on:
What a coincidence!: This question was one from an encyclopedia by aboul al-faraj, a 12th century syrian physician. His answer was: "those who lack food should eat when they get it; those who have food should eat when they are hungry." babies tell you they are hungry by becoming very alert and turning their heads to the side of the cheek you stroke gently. Rarely, poor weight gain prompts scheduled feedings. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: Infants have variable feeding patterns/timing and if they are gaining weight appropriately they can be allowed to feed on their pattern, unless it is too frequent. In general an average of every 3-4 hours is typical. In addition waking a baby to eat is easy but keeping them awake when they want to sleep is more difficult. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My 6mnth baby has had temp ranging from 37.9 to 39.1°c over last few days very unsettled and not feeding as she normally does, advice please.Thanks?
9 months: When baby begins to reach and hold things, he also puts them into his mouth. He may start finger feeding by 9 mo, using utensils by 12-15 months. The majority of feeding, however, will still be from you, as he will lack the coordination to load the spoon and get the contents to his mouth without spilling. That will occur about 2 years of age. Just because they can use utensils, doesn't mean will. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
A breast and a baby: Easiest answer is a breast and a baby. As simple as feedings have been for thousands of years. Other than that, there are additional items you may need for breastfeeding... Breast pump, breastfeeding clothing and bras, nipple shields, pads, storage materials, bottles, cleaning materials, etc. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take azo while breast feeding?
- If my newborn throws up should i feed again
- My baby poops after every feeding
- Is good to take can i take secure contraceptive pill whilst breast feeding?
- Why does my wife continue to get yeast infections is my semen feeding the yeast?
- Breast feed fibroadenoma
- How many feedings can i skip without making my milk supply dry out?
- Sleep and feeding schedules for 5 week old baby
- If my newborn spits up should i feed her again