Doctor insights on:
What a coincidence!: This question was one from an encyclopedia by aboul al-faraj, a 12th century syrian physician. His answer was: "those who lack food should eat when they get it; those who have food should eat when they are hungry." babies tell you they are hungry by becoming very alert and turning their heads to the side of the cheek you stroke gently. Rarely, poor weight gain prompts scheduled feedings. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See 2 more doctor answers
No: Infants have variable feeding patterns/timing and if they are gaining weight appropriately they can be allowed to feed on their pattern, unless it is too frequent. In general an average of every 3-4 hours is typical. In addition waking a baby to eat is easy but keeping them awake when they want to sleep is more difficult. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My 6mnth baby has had temp ranging from 37.9 to 39.1°c over last few days very unsettled and not feeding as she normally does, advice please.Thanks?
See 1 more doctor answer
The evolution of : Grasp dictates what foods a baby can self-feed, like crackers ~5 mos & cheerios ~ 8 mos. Promote finger-feeding of cubes of soft, cooked foods that won't cause choking ~12 mos. By allowing self-feeding first, then feeding the rest of the meal. If you help with dipping, a 14-mo.-old can get spoonfuls of food to his/her mouth, spoon-feed with spills by 15 mos. & spoon-feed a whole meal by 20 mos. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take azo while breast feeding?
- If my newborn throws up should i feed again
- My baby poops after every feeding
- Is good to take can i take secure contraceptive pill whilst breast feeding?
- Why does my wife continue to get yeast infections is my semen feeding the yeast?
- Breast feed fibroadenoma
- How many feedings can i skip without making my milk supply dry out?
- Sleep and feeding schedules for 5 week old baby
- If my newborn spits up should i feed her again