Doctor insights on:
Feedback Loop For Thyroxine
Thyroid antibodies >1300, tsh=1.58 on thyroxine 100 mcg and thyrowel can I get pregnant nw, any problem can get to child if so?
Yes and no : Yes you can get pregnant now. Women with thyroid disease do have a slightly higher risk of complications during pregnancy, but most of them have normal pregnancies. You will need to have your levels checked regularly during pregnancy, and your dose of medication will probably need to be increased. Many women need about a 50% increase in their dose. The baby should be fine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Just as you would think.Get a more detailed answer ›
Thyroxine: If you take 88 mcg every other day, then your daily dose is 44 mcg/day. The pill doesn't come in 44 mcg so if we ever need this, we typically just go with the 50 mcg pill daioy instead. ...Read more
About 1/2: If you mean you take 88 mcg every other day then your dose is 1/2 the strength or 44 mcg-50 mcg. It depends how many times during the week you take it. ...Read more
Yes it may be: It depends on why you were taking it. If you have complete hypothyroidism from thyroid surgery or radioactive iodine treatment, then you need to re-start. However, since the hormone lasts for a few days in your system, it may take a week or more before you have symptoms of hypothyroidism. ...Read more
Yes: Sure, if it is too much. Have your doctor measure serum T4 and tsh, and adjust the dose. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thyroid hormone feedback loop
- What are some foods are good to eat for thyroxine?
- What must be available for thyroxine to be synthesized?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Negative feedback loop endocrine system
- L thyroxine for weight loss
- Thyroxine and weight loss
- Thyroxine dose for weight loss
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free