Doctor insights on:
Fast Growing Thyroid Nodules Indicative Of
Variable: Thyroid nodules are variable in their growth patterns. Some can grow quickly in size, particularly if there is a cystic component to the nodule. Your doctor will usually suggest an ultrasound to follow the growth of the nodule every 6 months to one year, depending on the level of suspicion. ...Read more
If they just found a 1.1 CM solid thyroid nodule how fast should I get it biopsy will this starts to grow very quickly?
Variables: Radioactive Iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism tends to have a much higher success rate than medications. Depending on the dose of radioactive iodine chosen, and the disease under treatment (Grave's vs toxic goitre, vs hot nodule etc), success rate in achieving definitive resolution of the hyperthyroidism may vary from 75-100%. A major expected side effect of radioactive iodine in hypothyroidism ...Read more
Possible: Many people will form multiple nodules. If you already have had one you certainly can form another. ...Read more
Evaluation: A growing nodule should undergo a fine needle aspiration under ultrasound. If positive for cancer, then proceed to surgery. If negative, it should be followed serially with ultrasound to track for changes. If no changes on subsequent ultrasounds and it's not causing breathing or swallowing problem, you might not need to do anything. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thyroid nodules fast growing
- Fast growing thyroid nodule
- Is heterogeneous thyroid nodule with microcalcifications indicative of cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fast growing thyroid goiter
- What do thyroid nodules multiply fast?
- Why do thyroid nodules grow fast?
- What is considered a fast rate of growth for a thyroid nodule that is solid?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online