Doctor insights on:
Family History Of Colon Polyps
Uncle had 3 colon polyps at 49, mother has never had any but their father had colon cancer at 87.No other colon in extended family.Genetic problem?
Colonic polyps is also known as Colon polyps. Colonic polyps are round growths along the wall of your large bowels. They are a very common finding in the elderly population. However, they are associated with increased risk of colon cancer, especially when an individual has many hundreds of these polyps and/or gets the polyps ...Read more
Im in my early 30's,family history off colon polyps, if i see mucus sometimes in my stool(i drink flaxseed powder) can it be the start of colon cancer?
I am a 22 year old female, i had about two tbsp of bright red blood in stool w/ blood clots. Cancerous colon polyps in family history.?
Yes and No: Removal of colon polyps depend on their size. Smaller polyps with a narrow base can usually be removed easily at the time of colonoscopy. Larger polyps, and those with a broader base cannot be completely removed by colonoscopy at times, and may require colon resection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Likely high: Depending on the nature of the previous polyps, and other risk factors, polyp recurrence can be almost a certainty over time in young patients. In some people, polyps develop quickly. You should review your risk for polyps with whoever did your last colonoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Family history of colon polyps
- Diminutive polyp of sigmoid colon
- Types of polyps in rectosigmoid colon
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What percentage of people have colon polyps?
- Mild hyperplasia with mild dysplasia of colon polyp
- How to get rid of colon polyps?
- Pathophysiology of colon polyps
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online