Doctor insights on:
Family History Of Diabetes
Ask family: The way to know if you have a family history of diabetes is to ask family members. Your parents would be the best source of information, but grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins are all options. You want to check with those blood relatives if they have been diagnosed with diabetes. ...Read more
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Supposing you have only 1 person with diabetes in a very large family, is this considered family history of diabetes?
Yes: As, for examples , other non-diabetic patients in family, may not have inherited the gene, or if have gene didn't get obese. ...Read more
I have a family history of diabetes and am having some of the symptoms of it. What type of dr. Do I need to see to check for diabetes?
Is there any way to prevent myself from developing diabetes (i have a family history of diabetes)?
No absolutes: Keep your weight down, fitness level up and stay away from simple sugars. You can probably delay onset at least but how big an effect genetics will have cannot be predicted yet. ...Read more
Having family history of diabetes(grandparents) does it mean there is a high chance you are going to get it? Or can you avoid it with a healthy diet?
Autoimmune response: Whoever finds the cause to type 1 diabetes will likely get a nobel prize. One theory is that a virus sets of an autoimmune cascade. The body immune system then sends antibodies that attack the islet cell of the pancreas. Once, enough islets are killed, one develops diabetes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you still donate a kidney if you have a family history of diabetes?
- Does family history of diabetes cause cephalopelvic disproportion?
- What are the odds of me developing schizophrenia with no family history of it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does family history of cleft lip or cleft palate cause cleft lip and palate?
- Does family history of epilepsy cause seizure disorder?
- Family history of pernicious anemia
- C section complications family history of thrombophilia
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free