Doctor insights on:
False Positive For Benzodiazepines In Urine Tests
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
Possible: It is possible and there is some data to support: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728940/#__ffn_sectitle This could be a class effect with that class of drugs. Always talk to your doctor for anything medical. ...Read more
Is there any medical reason for an abnormally large number of false positives for benzodiazepines on urine drug screens?
Why do benzodiazepines show positive in my urine and i'm not sure what causes this when i'm not taking anything but blood pressure meds?
False positive?: Some nonsteroidal medications can cause false positives for benzodiazepines: daypro, tolmetin (tolectin) Naproxen (aleve) Etodolac (lodine) and fenoprofen (nalfon). In some cases, the antidepressant zoloft can do it also. http://tinyurl.com/ks79fns i don't know of any antihypertensives known to cause this -- so i'm wondering if you also take some of these other meds? ...Read more
The difference between Benzodiazepine and diazepam? It's a urine test and have seen1-6 weeks and 7-10 days, took 2.5 mg 10days ago first time in 2 yrs
No difference: Diazepam is a specific example drug from the class of drugs known as Benzodiazepines. The rest of your statement does not form a question so I can't really decipher it well enough to know how to answer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Testing blood levels of benzodiazepines is not a routine or common clinical test. It is done by simply taking a blood sample and testing it in the lab. It is most commonly done in research studies. An example of clinical use would be when there is a discrepancy between the prescribed dosage and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Benzodiazepines false positives in urine tests
- Can blood in the urine cause a false positive for protein in the urine?
- Common substances causing false positives for amphetamines in drug tests
- What cause false positive reagent strip in urine for blood?
- False positive for methadone in urine screen
- Trazodone false positive for benzodiazepines
- Could suboxone make a urine test positive for benzodiazepine
- What do they look for in urine tests?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free