Doctor insights on:
False Negative Uti Test
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
Cont back pain, peeing a lot, weird tingles in legs/feet, higher bbt, craving steak, insomnia..I had a false UTI & negative urine pregnancy test. Help?
I have heard of people saying that their UTI gave them a false negative on their home pregnancy tests, can this happen?
Very unlikely: A UTI does not change your HCG levels. ...Read more
Uti: There are no reliable home tests to truly diagnose a urinary tract infection. It takes a clean catch urinary specimen to be cultured in a laboratory and growth of significant colonies of bacteria to confirm the presence of an infection. Dipsticks alone aren't capable of determining colony counts as they may only detect the presence of nitrites, white blood cells and bacteria which is inconclusive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I hade signd of a UTI earlyer and i had taken two at home UTI test n they came back positive negative now the sythoms are gone n i hade some blood?
See your Doctor: This should be evaluated.Get a more detailed answer ›
Here are some ...: You did right thing by testing HPT in a wk after missing period. Clinically, you seem still in doubt so it's reasonable to repeat it in a wk. If still unsure, seek pro-evaluation and counseling. If you're confirmed to have UTI by symptoms + urinalysis from properly collected urine specimen, your should be treated accordingly and counseled on how to handle similar future events. Best wish ... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Uti test leukocytes positive nitrite negative
- Can mirena cause a false negative on a home pregnancy test?
- Can a uti cause a negative pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can ovarian cyst cause false negative pregnancy test results?
- Clear blue easy digital pregnancy test false negative
- False negative pregnancy test after ivf
- Expired pregnancy test false negative
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free