Doctor insights on:
Eyes Symptom Folic Deficiency
Have hbp take lisinopril, B12 deficiency monthly injection, and low folace take folic acid. Woke up this morning with a black eye, no trauma why?
Black eye: A black eye is typically a result of trauma or contusion with leaking of blood from superficial capillary vessels. Lisinopril can cause a kind of skin reaction called 'angioedema' which involves mostly swelling, but could turn dark if rubbed a lot. B12 won't due nor folic acid. Vitamin c deficiency would predispose. Most likely it is due to incidental mild contusion, perhaps while you slept. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is tiredness a sign of folic acid deficiency, what is most accurate blood test to check folic acid level?
Folic acid: Please go online to "www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/000354.htm" You will find everything you want to know in easy to understand comments. ...Read more
Currently unknown: It is currently unknown what causes schizophrenia. As of now there is no known psychiatric or neurological symptoms in otherwise normal adults from folate deficiency other than anemia. B12 deficiency has been known for a long time to cause cognitive problems but not folate ...Read more
Unlikely cause: Iron deficiency can cause anemia and drowsiness. There may be the appearance of dark circles if fluid accumulates around the eyelids. Treating the deficiency may not improve the circles, however. And circles around the eyes are not an indicator of whether someone has anemia. ...Read more
Can the reason for dark circles under my eyes be from an iron deficiency if my iron level is 12.5!?
Probably not: Iron deficiency and anemia can cause fatigue and weakness, and people with fatigue often have the dark circles, but the dark circles are probably not from the deficiency itself. The most common cause of dark circles is rubbing from allergies, repeated episodes of swelling around the eyes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could the black circles around my eyes be a symptom of folic acid deficiency
- Is hair loss a symptom of folic acid deficiency?
- Is eyes feeling warm and dry a symptom of fever?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does a folic acid deficiency affect the menstrual cycle?
- Does a vitamin d deficiency cause dark circles under the eyes?
- Dark circles under eyes causes vitamin deficiency
- Are dry eyes a symptom of pregnancy?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free