Doctor insights on:
Eye Pain (Definition)
Pain in the eye (that is not due to injury) may be described as a burning, throbbing, aching, or stabbing sensation in or around the eye. It may also feel as if there is a foreign body in the eye.
Evaluate cause: In this situation is best to be evaluated to determine the cause of the pain. If it is part of a constellation of symptoms such as congestion, sinus pain etc - consider seeing your physician. If it is a lone symtpom - then recommend that you see your opthamologist. Eye pain with visual changes warrants prompt assessment. ...Read more
What to do if I had laser surgery to eliminate clouding behind an iol. have had eye pain since. was the laser treatment the source of the eye pain?
Adult with slight lazy eye. Never been treated or officially diagnosed, but can visually see it and sometimes eye pain. Are there any treatments?
Yes: If by lazy eye, you mean an eye turns in or out, that can be surgically corrected. If by lazy eye, you are referring to an eye that does not see clearly even with glasses, that cannot be corrected beyond childhood. Lazy of the later type is also know as amblyopia. It must be treated in childhood by patching the better eye to force use of the worse eye preferably well before age 7. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sudden sharp stabbing pain in eye for no reason left eye what is this
- Pain in inner corner of eye
- Pain behind right eye and temple
- Sharp pain in corner of eye
- Headache on right side of forehead with pain behind right eye
- Headache with pain in the temples and eye sockets
- Cause eye pressure ear pain
- Causes of left eye pressure and left ear pain
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free