Doctor insights on:
Eye Drops That Make Your Eyes White
Tear replacement: Most eye reddnening is from eye dryness which can be treated with over the counter lubricating or tear replacement drops. The drops that say 'gets the red out' are drying so avoid these unless you need an acute whitening for something like a picture. If you think your redness is chronic, see your ophthalmologist for evaluation. ...Read more
If prolonged use: One of the main ingredients is Tetrahydrozoline HCI (0.05%) which is also found in Visine and other "get the red out" drops. Its a vasoconstrictor (ergo eyes seem to whiten), and occasional use is okay. However prolonged use can cause rebound effect and can make the situation worse. ...Read more
Several: There are several. The most common are phenylephrine, tropicamide, and cyclopentolate. The duration of effect varies. Dilation must be done with caution because it could precipitate an attack of high pressures in certain eyes causing permanent damage. Your doctor will look for this risk prior to dilating ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Eye drops to make eyes whiter
- Eye drops that make your eyes sparkle
- Eye drops for whiter eyes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will drops make my eye white
- Make your eyes whiter
- How to make your eyes white?
- What makes your eyes white?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free