Doctor insights on:
Extrapyramidal Side Effects
Am I likely to get akathisia for any other extrapyramidal side effects if I start on Latuda (lurasidone)? Could I possibly not? It is ranked 4th most for eps.
Med side effects: Extrapyramidal symptoms include akathisia (severe restlessness), painful muscle contractions (dystonia), Parkinsonian symptoms and in chronic cases, permanent abnormal muscle contractions (tardive dyskinesia). EPS is usually caused by antipsychotic medications. Anticholinergic side effects include dry mouth, confusion and blood pressure changes. The latter can be seen with several types of meds. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Domperidone extrapyramidal side effects
- What are extrapyramidal side effects?
- Extrapyramidal side effects antipsychotics
- Thorazine extrapyramidal side effects
- Extrapyramidal side effect
- Alternative treatments for extrapyramidal syndrome
- Causes of extrapyramidal symptoms
- Causes of extrapyramidal syndrome
- Symptoms of extrapyramidal side effects