Doctor insights on:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Hair
Does olive oil extra virgin and pure coconut oil penetrate hair shaft? Are these oils even worth it to condition & strengthen hair/scalp?
Perhaps: Oils do indeed penetrate the skin. Many things penetrate the skin. Indeed, some say that you should not put anything on your skin you are not willing to eat or drink, including your makeup n rubbing alcoh. I do not know about conditioning and strengthening hair, but these oils will penetrate any skin, and coconut oil is good for you--even as a lotion for your skin. wwwlblatmanhealthandwellness.com ...Read more
Olive Oil: Olive oil can be used to condition hair but I don't know that it will improve hair growth. ...Read more
I can't imagine...: ...That a significant amount is absorbed, but even if it is, so what? It's not like olive oil is toxic. So don't worry about it. ...Read more
All biologically: derived cooking oils (particularly "healthy" polyunsaturated or monounsaturated oils) have the potential to "go bad." This process is called rancidity. Because rancid oils have an unpleasant odor (and taste), I don't recommend their use for cooking or cosmetic purposes. By contrast, most "baby oils" are a combination of mineral oil & fragrance & don't go bad. Hope this is helpful info! ...Read more
Probably not. : I think there are health benifits to cooking with olive oil instead of other fats or oils. Some people have talked about using olive oil as a hair conditioner, but i doubt that its any better than conditioners you buy in the store. Either way, there should be no change on how fast your hair grows. ...Read more
Would it be helpful to drink a tablespoon of olive oil a day to gain (healthy) weight and improve hair/skin?
Probably not: It will neither hurt nor help.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Extra virgin olive oil for hair loss
- Extra virgin olive oil for hair regrowth
- Does extra virgin olive oil garlic work for keloid scars?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to take a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil for overall health?
- Can you substitute pure soybean oil extra virgin olive oil mix for vegetable oil?
- Extra virgin olive oil for constipation
- Can too much extra virgin olive oil be bad for your health?
- Talk to a clinical lipidologist online for free