Doctor insights on:
Exercising With Marfan's Syndrome
Marfan's syndrome: It is a broad topic. Difficult to cover here. Please refer to the site: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/marfan_syndrome. ...Read more
Build a team: Marfan syndrome is a complex condition that requires a team of experts in genetics, ophthalmology, and cardiology to establish or exclude the diagnosis. A good place to start is with your primary care provider and with some help from the national marfan foundation. Their website has a section written especially for someone like you: http://www.Marfan.Org/marfan/2406/diagnosis#suspect. ...Read more
Varies by severity: People with mild marfan syndrome symptoms probably live a pretty normal lifespan. Those with severe symptoms can die from heart valve problems, rupture of the aorta, tension pneumothorax, etc..., before they reach old age. Of course, those with moderate symptoms will have a lifespan in between. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe not: A marfan syndrome woman has a 50% chance of having a marfan syndrome baby, if the father of the baby is "normal". During pregnancy, the woman needs close monitoring because she is at increased risk of rupturing her aorta (often fatal). For these reasons, she may not want to become pregnant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Genetic disorder: Fbn1 gene controls connective tissue metabolism. If there are mutations or repeats, then marfa's will result. The symptoms are the result of malformed collagen. So dislocated lens in eye, heart valve problems, scoliosis, pneumothorax, artery problems may occur. Most cases are inherited, but occasionally marfan's occurs from a spontaneous mutation. This gene can be tested for in a blood specimen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to gain weight with marfan syndrome?
- Are there any personality traits typically associated with with marfan syndrome?
- Which symptoms of marfan syndrome can be treated with cannabis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Problems with arm hand nerves marfan's syndrome
- Can people with marfan syndrome still fly on planes?
- What type of learning disability do people with marfan syndrome usually have?
- What type of exercise is good for people with marfan syndrome?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free