Doctor insights on:
Exercising Core After Back Surgery
Many types!: Exercise for your back is vitally important after surgery. The kind of exercise varies based on the type of surgery but generally speaking: stretching and core strengthening, more pecifically yoga and pilates are good choices. That doesn't mean you can't play golf or tennis it just means you should be focusing some time specifically on your back (and core). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What surgery: That is definately a question for your surgeon he/she fixed you up, and only the surgeon knows the right time to wait after surgery. Having said that there are some surgeries after which you should not return to the wieight bench. Your surgeon can guide you do not become a couch potato regardless. Do less impact exrcise often. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: This depends on how long & severe the compression was as well as the underlying "health" of the nerve-the age of the person, is diabetes involved, a vitamin deficiency, a prior injury or surgery to that nerve, toxic exposure- all play role in prognosis or ability of the nerve to "heal" over time. For most, pain is usually alleviated once nerve is decompressed, but neurologic recovery is variable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
That depends on the: Type of surgery you had and what outcome you have as well as your overall physical condition currently . You would need to speak to your surgeon as to specifics but once healed and recovered exercise in terms of cardio, core stabilization and flexibility are recommended. ...Read more
Walk: Walking is a good choice for most people. If that is not possible for whatever reason, other options are cycling (stationary or outside if you are able), swimming, water aerobics. These exercises are good for general fitness, relief stress, and build up stamina. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Back pain after gallbladder surgery
- How many days after volar ganglion cyst surgery can i go back to work?
- Is it normal to get lower back pain after a total knee replacement surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should it take for nerves to heal after back surgery?
- Numbness in legs after back surgery
- When can i go back to work after arthroscopic knee surgery meniscus tear
- Back pain after open heart surgery
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free