Doctor insights on:
Exercising After Disk Surgery Herniated
Herniated disks c5-c6 & c6-c7, surgery 10 yrs ago, 48 years old, was a good athlete - any suggestions on a workout/stretching plan? Thank you!
Unfortunately, yes.: Unlike wear and tear on knees, hips and shoulders, there are no adequate replacement parts for spines. Disc surgery only changes your spine but does not "fix" it. Even fusion surgery does not fix the problem, but only is an attempt to change the structure of your spine. The current "replacement discs" are not an adequate substitution for the original cushion. Be evaluated by a pain specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Definite indications: 2 indications are a disc herniation leading to myleopathy or cauda equina syndrome. A myleopathy is compression of the spinal cord leading to its dysfunction and cauda equina syndome is bowel/bladder control issues due to those nerves being compressed. Otherwise, disc surgery is for those who fail non op care or may be having intractable pain or a progressive deficit in terms of weakness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Same day low back: A microdisectomy or a minimally invasive version are typically same day surgeries with return to all activities by 3 months for best results according to studies but most activities by 2 weeks depending on conditioning and health status. For cervical, this is usually done with a fusion but all activities around same time period as lumbar but no contact sports usually with a fusion, . ...Read more
No such medical term: Nevwr heard of a diagnosis with that title. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to play sports after herniated disk surgery?
- How will your back feel after lower back surgery for a herniated disk?
- Exercising after herniated disc
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i help relieve my leg pain after a herniated disk surgery?
- Can a herniated disk heal itself after 3 cortisone shots without surgery?
- Herniated disk
- Herniated disc after surgery
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free