Doctor insights on:
Exercises Will Improve Circulation Leg Ulcer
OK with precautions: If it is a venous ulcer, most likely at your age keeping swelling down with compression and getting up and walking the isle some, if you can get an exit row seat to stretch your legs out and exercise your ankle. If space get your leg up in empty seats too. For most other ulcer types pressure would not be good but be sure if it is draining you have plenty of fluid absorption. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: If there is infection, then antibiotics will be needed. Depending on cause of ulcer, treatments are different. Many leg ulcers are due to venous issues and may require compression and intervention on the improperly working vein. Special dressings such as a boot of unna may help heal a leg ulcer. Foot ulcers my be due to poor arterial circulation and wont heal until circulation is improved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Leg ulcer can be a tip of the iceberg. The causes are many so the treatment varies greatly. In the elderly population, vascular disease (artery, vein, and lymphatics), infection, accident/pressure induced soft tissue injury, metabolic issues including diabetes makes healing difficult. Do not delay medical attention, some ulcer can get aggressive and cause big problem. ...Read more
Dressing: Sometimes if you add Normal Saline to the dressing where it is sticking to the wound, it won't pull and tear the skin. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exercises to improve leg circulation
- Improve leg circulation naturally
- Improving circulation in legs
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to improve circulation in legs feet?
- Exercises to increase circulation in legs
- Exercises for improving leg coordination
- How do you improve circulation in your legs?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free