Doctor insights on:
Exercises To Build Upper Body Strength
Exercise: There are specific exercises that improve upper body strength, like push-ups, and several that can done with weights (whether fancy ones or improvised ones at home). Women don't have as much upper body strength as men, but it can be greatly improved with targeted exercise. Ask a trainer at a gym. or read on book on weight-lifting. Best results come with doing the exercises every other day. ...Read more
Particular exercises: First find the maximal weight you can lift well once (1RM). Then do reps at about 80-90% of that amout using the muscles you wish to increase. Recommend hand held dumbells. 10-12 resp followed immediatly by 6-8 reps then 4-6 reps. http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tank-top-workout-upper-body-exercises ...Read more
What is a good workout for a man to build upper body strength who has limited time because of a baby?
Pushups: If you don't have time to go to the gym, the classic push-up will hit your chest and triceps. In addition, maintaining good form (straight back) is good for your core. If you add a door mounted chin-up bar, you can do pull-ups to hit your back and biceps. ...Read more
Not : Bad. Good sport if done consistently.Get a more detailed answer ›
Please tell me, could i just do pull ups to increase my upper body strength and size without any other workouts in between?
One Size: Won't "fit all" people. That said, the "best" program is the (1) safest one for an individual (relating to one's medical condition), the one (2) most likely to engage consistency, & the one (3) that targets all aspects of fitness (aerobics, endurance, strength). So, (1) discussion with an md; (2) reflection on one's favorite; (3) search within healthtap's existing answers for program ideas. Enjoy! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Build upper body strength dunk
- How to build upper body strength in men?
- Upper body strength training exercises with dumbbells
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to improve upper body strength for break dancing?
- Activities to improve upper body strength in adults
- What sport is good for a child with no upper body strength?
- Activities for kids to increase upper body strength
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free