Doctor insights on:
Exercises For Harrington Rod Patients
Why would a harrington rod patient gradually feel mild weakness, 1st in 1 thigh, & 2 yr later the other thigh and calf? Just lack of exercise?
Lower degeneratiion: Many harrington fusion stopped atl 4 leavingtwo out of five joints too brand able to wear out quickly causing stenosis sand forinal collapse at l45 causing L4 and L5 symptoms adjacent segment disease with flat back syndrome mild nerve pressure with degeneration an loss of spacing. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
A spine fusion : Harrington rods were developed to treat scoliosis over 50 years ago. Prior to their development, people having scoliosis surgery had a bone graft placed on the spine and had to be held in bed and in a body cast for months up to a year! the use of the rod aided in the correction &maintenence of the correction of scoliosis & a better fusion while mobilizing the person in cast and later in a brace. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Harrington rods: These are old rods with hooks which were used to attach multiple segments of the spine by a single hook above and a single hook below. 2 rods were usually used. These were used to correct abnormal curvature of the spine. Inflexible, they often broke or came unhooked. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are the rods used for scoliosis surgery more flexible than the harrington rod?
- Exercises with harrington rod and spinal fusion
- Hand and finger exercises for patients in stroke rehabilitation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mat exercises for a spinal cord injury patient
- Harrington rod used for erectile dysfunction
- Weight-bearing exercises for non-ambulatory patients to increase bone strength
- Rotator cuff exercises for a wheelchair bound patient
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free