Doctor insights on:
Estrogen Pills Birth Control Cause Any Problems
Yes: Yes, definitely. However, the side effects are relatively uncommon and the benefits can be very great. The greatest risk of the pill is deep vein clots which can be very serious. The prevention of pregnancy (which itself has many risks) can be considered to balance this risk, and the pill also has long-term benefits in decreasing the risk of a number of female cancers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
If the baby blues are caused by dropping levels of estrogen and progesterone, then would birth control pills help?
Does birth control pill Clarissa have estrogen if so does it put my at risk of any heart problems?
Huh?: Dr. Google cannot find any birth control pill named "Clarissa". Nor can Epocrates, an extensive professional pharmaceutical database. Are you sure you're spelling it correctly? In general, all birth control pills have estrogen and all have a small increased risk of clots including heart disease. The risk is higher in women who smoke or/and who have high blood pressure, or are older (not you). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can taking estrogen pills and birth control cause any health problems?
- How to start birth control pills on any day?
- Acne caused by birth control pills
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does birth control pills cause hematuria?
- Can birth control pills cause migrains?
- Do birth control pills cause cancer?
- Can loseasonique birth control pills cause itching?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free