Doctor insights on:
Er Wait Call
M 82 saw dr for blood in urine. Given abiotic & schedule cystoscopy in 2 wks. Blood quantity has incrsd. Greatly. Go to ER or wait & call dr. Am?
Increased hematuria: You should have your mother go to the er. Passing a large amount of blood in her urine is not due to a uti. She is also on metropolol, which would lower her pulse rate, which could lower her BP more if she bleeds a lot. Take her to the er and have her hemoglobin and blood pressure checked if the amount of blood in her urine has increased, as you state, greatly. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 3.5 month old has a temp of 100.7 rectal should I be concerned and go to ER or wait and call ped in morning?
Possible MS dx. New tingling in arm, shoulder, face. Feeling verydrugged/cognitive impairment. No meds on board. Very weak. ER or wait to call Monday?
I'm having leg and feet swelling that is now causing sharp pains in my foot and pins and needles. I am a 54 yr. Old male. 6'2" 299 lbs should I go to the ER or wait and call my dr. In the morning
If : If only one foot or leg is swollen, it usually means there is a local problem (like lymphedema, varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, etc.). But in your case, since both feet and legs are swollen, it means you are retaining fluid for some reason. The four most common causes of fluid retention deal with the heart, lungs, liver and kidneys. When the tissues are swollen, it can cause hydrostatic pressure on the smaller nerves which can produce pain. "pins and needles" is a feeling typical of pain associated with nerves. Given your age and weight, i would also wonder about diabetes, since nerve pain, tingling, numbness and such in the feet are major symptoms of diabetes. Other symptoms of diabetes include frequent thirst, frequent urination and blurred vision. If your fluid retention is related to the heart of lungs, an ominous sign that would require an immediate er visit is shortness of breath or chest pain. In the absence of shortness of breath or chest pain, i think a call to your general md for an appointment asap would suffice. Blood tests would be able to disclose diabetes, or problems with the heart, lungs, liver or kidneys. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
abdo abscess on CT taking keflex now it's leaking out of old port site it's very foul smelling should I go to ER now or wait to call surgeon tomorrow?
You can wait: If you are already on antibiotics, you can wait to speak to surgeon tomorrow for further instructions. ...Read more
I had anal sex for the first time and I'm bleeding. As long as it stops is it ok? Is this a wait and see, er, or call dr in the morning thing?
I have been bulimic for 4 years and tonight i threw up some blood. I don't know if I should go to the ER or just wait until monday and call my dr.
I just had my left tonsil removed 4days ago im worried it might be infected how do I know. Should I go to ER or can I wait and call my dr in the AM?
Possibly to wait if: If you have no fever and can swallow reasonably you can wait and call in AM. After 4 days your surgical site should be covered with a whitish, slightly greenish pus like substance. This is not an infection but part of the healing process. I suspect that this is what you are referring to. Any doubt or increased concern get it checked out. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How would you stop,bleeding after a Tonsilectomy? I know I have to call. My doctor and ER but meanwhile wait it for the ambulance? What to do ?
Call an ambulance: Bleeding after a tonsillectomy can be serious. I recommend calling for an ambulance so that you are immediately assessed, to make sure that your vitals signs are stable. The ambulance will take you safely to the ER, so that the bleeding can be treated immediately. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I drained my knee bursa sac yesterday at home now its warm and red. Is this normal? Can i wait to call the dr tomorrow or should I go to er?
Drained knee?: I'm not sure what you mean but if you put something sharp in and caused fluid to come out and now . . . This is an infection until proven otherwise. Go in now! ...Read more
I have been having auras all day on and off as well as being very dizzy and nauseous. Could this just be a partial seizure? I'm not sure if I should go to the ER or wait until I can call doctor Monday.
Suggest: Not clear to me what symptoms you experience beyond being dizzy and nauseated, BUT an ER visit is likely to be disappointing based on your issues. Rather, telephone your doctor today, discuss what is occurring and decide the next step. Cannot diagnose partial seizures based on information provided. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have osteomyelitis again. Had MRI today, no results yet. Hot, excessive sweating but no fever, weak, nauseous. Wait to call doc tomorrow or ER?
Swollen thyroid difficulty breathing very tired dizziness fever hands are very shaky.. Should I wait until after the weekend and call my doc or go to er? Im so confused
Thyroid storm/crisis: Swollen and tender thyroid along with fever/dizziness etc...Is concerning for an acute thyrotoxicosis (thyroid storm)--an infection/inflammation in your thyroid causing a huge release of the hormone resulting your symptoms. Since you are having a hard time breathing, i would not wait because of a long weekend. Call your doc to find your options. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
So. Clear urine but with pain and frequent. Do I call the on call tomorrow or wait til Monday? Day off Monday.
Had cotisone shot after 24 hours pain, free but 48 pain, is back should I call docyor or wait 2 weeks like he said?
Dr is suppose to call me and let me know if i need more tests done, and give me more info. It's been 2 weeks. How long should I wait before calling?
Call: Now. Likely, there was a miscommunication and no one will be offended if you initiate the conversation again. I encourage all my patients to call within a few days if they don't hear from the office. Unfortunately, we all get very busy and try as we might to avoid, things do fall between the cracks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wait: Wait few days. If persist or develop other symptoms call your dr. ...Read more
Hello!if there is an abnormal.Finding in a mammogram..Will they call u rigjt away?Soon?Or will still have to.Wait for v results inthe mail?
37 wks.bp at home manually 150/96. It is usually normal although has been into 130s/80s in office past few weeks. Can this wait til morning to call?
Dr called me saying i may have mitral valveprolaps told me not to worry at all and is reffering me 2 cardiolgst now my anxiety is really bad 2wks wait?
Anxiety: Mitral valve prolapse is not a problem for the great majority of people who have it. Your dr. Is appropriate in advising you to not worry. The cardiologist will doubtless be reassuring also. A 2 week wait for a genrally benign condition is not unreasonable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Wait for natural miscarriage
- Flagyl er
- Er visit
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long to wait before resuming sex after delivery?
- How long to wait before treating stress fracture?
- Should i call the doctor for blood in diaper
- Taking baths after cryosurgery wait time
- Wait for hiccups to end