Doctor insights on:
Epsom Salt Ankle Sprain
Depends on sprain: Severity. Rice. Rest- 24-48hrs. Avoid activities w use of ankle. Ice- for first 2 days after injury, apply ice for 15 to 20 mins every few hours. A bag of frozen peas is good. Compression- wrap foot, ankle ; lower leg w ace wrap. Make sure it is not so tight that it decreases your circulation. Elevate- elevate ankle above your heart. Can prop on a pillow. See dr if pain ; swelling not improving. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
You should check: Chronic ankle instability is a condition characterized by a recurring “giving way” of the outer (lateral) side of the ankle. This condition often develops after repeated ankle sprains. Usually the “giving way” occurs while walking or doing other activities, but it can also happen when you’re just standing. Many athletes, as well as others, suffer from chronic ankle instability.Thank you. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Rehab all, they vary: Grade 1 sprain: slight stretching of the ligament. 2-6 wks grade 2 sprain: partial tearing of the ligament. Abnormal looseness (laxity) of the ankle joint occurs. 6-12 wks grade 3 sprain: complete tear of the ligament.Gross instability occurs. Usually 6 months or longer. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sprained ankle epsom salt
- Epsom salt sprain
- Epsom salt for swollen ankle
- Epsom salt for swollen sprained wrist
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- Can a pregnant woman soak in epsom salt baths?
- Ankle sprain
- Why does ankle popping occur after a sprain healed?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free