Doctor insights on:
Endocrine Disorders Physical Rehabilitation Programs
Several reasons: As other doctors have noted, radiation can damage glands and reduce their ability to make and release hormones. Chemotherapy can do this as well. Chemotherapy often includes steroids such as Prednisone or Decadron (dexamethasone) which can lead to diabetes and disrupt other hormones. Some cancers make hormones that cause low sodium, high calcium, high cortisol, high red blood cell count, and other problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What types of endocrine disorders would cause someone to grow in adulthood, a decade or two past the end of puberty? Would being hypothyroid be one?
Aside from acromegaly are there any other endocrine disorders that would cause a 38 yr old to grow almost 3 inches out of blue w/ no other symptoms?
Can u please explain ALL poss. endocrine disorders or pituitary abnormalities that would cause 35 YO to restart growing taller again?No other symptoms
? Acromegaly : Hello Samah. It is not possible for one to grew taller after age 18 and closure of epiphysis . Oversecretion of growth hormone from pituitary gland can cause gigantism before age 18 and acromegaly after age 18 . If you are experiencing change in ring size or shoe size then testing IGF-1 level is recommended to rule that out . ...Read more
What types of endocrine disorders could cause the height of a 30-something adult to increase quite a bit--certainly a noticeable amount? Thank you.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Osteoporosis physical rehabilitation programs
- Physical rehabilitation programs physiotherapy programs
- Physical rehabilitation programs multiple sclerosis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Brain cancer physical rehabilitation programs
- Autoimmune diseases physical rehabilitation programs
- Williams syndrome physical rehabilitation programs
- Language developmental delay physical rehabilitation programs
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free