Doctor insights on:
Emergency Dka Treatment
DKA: Usually (but not always) associated with type 1 dm, diabetic ketoacidosis is a medical emergency occuring when there is a very low level of insulin, high blood sugar, and ketone acids. Depending on the severity, treatment may take anywhere from some hours to more than a day to resolve provided appropriate treatment is delivered in a hospital. This won't resolve on its own. ...Read more
DKA: Dka means diabetic ketoacidosis. That usually happens when your diabetes is not taken care of and ends in sky-high blood sugar levels. Did you know you have diabetes? If so and you haven't been measuring your blood sugars, your medication may not have been contolling your blood sugar levels at normal. Please do not gravitate to this situation again because it's not good. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Emergency treatment for low blood pressure
- Hypoglycemia emergency treatment
- Emergency treatment for stroke
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Emergency pimple treatment
- Emergency treatment for atrial fibrillation
- What is treatment for angina?
- What is treatment for croop?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free