Doctor insights on:
Germ invasion: The gut viruses are spread through saliva & end up on a variety of surfaces like door knobs or shopping carts & live for hours or days.The average adult will pass germs from their contaminated fingers to their face or mouth several times per hour. These germs invade the lining of your gut & cause symptoms.Some bacteria can enter the same way & cause the same sx. Frequent handwasing can reduce this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gastroenteritis so BADschools may close! I was not exposed but scared I'm going to get it!! Can I STILL get it if not exposed??!! HELP!
Start slow: It's best to give your GI tract a rest in the beginning. Focus on hydration. When you do eat, start with clear liquids and then advance gradually if tolerated. Good things to eat included bananas, toast, rice, broth, and apples. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, milk products, acidic food, and fatty food. Stay off milk products until you've been better for 1-2 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Eliminate scars caused scabies
- Recurrent gastroenteritis in adults
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does flatulence associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Exercises to eliminate the limp after hip replacement
- Difference between gastroenteritis and stomach flu
- How long does headache associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free