Doctor insights on:
Elevated White Blood Cell Count Symptoms
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
What if all symptoms lead to appendicitis but the white blood cell count isn't elevated, but all other symptoms are there?
.: Appendicitis by definition is an active infection/ inflammation which showed be associated with elevated wbc. In the situation of normal WBC this might be a gynecology related problem, gastroenteritis, constipation or in rare situations an early appendicitis. Since you have all the symptoms of appendicitis, i urge you to be evaluated by your pcp or at the ed. A ct scan might be required. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Elevated White Count: It all depends on how elevated the results are, but in general this represents a concurrent bacterial infection. ...Read more
What does it mean if a 6 y/o child has elevated white blood cell count and his inflammation marker is high?
Viral vs bacterial: Not too infrequently, children present with fever without clear source. We have utilized white cell count and inflammation markers, e.g., sed rate or CRP to distinguish viral vs bacterial infection. Elevated white blood cell and high inflammation marker suggest the likelihood of bacterial infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: A person with a healthy immune system should not be infected by this type of a problem, and thus it should not result in an increased wbc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Low oxygen level elevated white blood cell count symptoms
- Elevated white blood cell count means
- What is elevated white blood cell count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Elevated white blood cell count no fever
- What is an elevated white blood cell count?
- Elevated white blood cell count in toddler
- Elevated white blood cell count pregnancy
- Talk to a hematologist online for free