Doctor insights on:
Elevated White Blood Cell Count Means
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Elevated White Count: It all depends on how elevated the results are, but in general this represents a concurrent bacterial infection. ...Read more
What does it mean if a 6 y/o child has elevated white blood cell count and his inflammation marker is high?
Viral vs bacterial: Not too infrequently, children present with fever without clear source. We have utilized white cell count and inflammation markers, e.g., sed rate or CRP to distinguish viral vs bacterial infection. Elevated white blood cell and high inflammation marker suggest the likelihood of bacterial infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: An increased white count can occur for many reasons (eg, with infection, inflammation, stress response, etc). But just because your WBC is up and you happen to have HPV does not mean the two are related. For your HPV make sure that you are up to date with your gyn exams as this is the best way to prevent HPV related cancer of the cervix. ...Read more
No: A person with a healthy immune system should not be infected by this type of a problem, and thus it should not result in an increased wbc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Slightly elevated white blood count means
- What is elevated white blood cell count?
- Corn allergy elevated white blood cell count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is an elevated white blood cell count?
- Elevated white blood cell count in toddler
- Elevated white blood cell count pregnancy
- Elevated white blood cell count and cancer
- Talk to a hematologist online for free