Doctor insights on:
Elevated White Blood Cell Count In Infants
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
What does it mean if a 6 y/o child has elevated white blood cell count and his inflammation marker is high?
Viral vs bacterial: Not too infrequently, children present with fever without clear source. We have utilized white cell count and inflammation markers, e.g., sed rate or CRP to distinguish viral vs bacterial infection. Elevated white blood cell and high inflammation marker suggest the likelihood of bacterial infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Elevated White Count: It all depends on how elevated the results are, but in general this represents a concurrent bacterial infection. ...Read more
No: A person with a healthy immune system should not be infected by this type of a problem, and thus it should not result in an increased wbc. ...Read more
Get a consult: It's more critical, if you feel okay, that the white cells not contain any abnormal forms. Your elevated liver enzymes, if still high after weeks off alcohol and whatever meds you don't really need to be taking, will get worked up to rule out various hepatitis and iron / copper overload syndromes. If your physician isn't explaining this as he/she goes, it's time to specialist referral. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Elevated white blood cell count means
- What is elevated white blood cell count?
- Corn allergy elevated white blood cell count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is an elevated white blood cell count?
- Elevated white blood cell count in toddler
- Elevated white blood cell count pregnancy
- Elevated white blood cell count and cancer
- Talk to a pediatrician online