Doctor insights on:
Elevated Mercury Levels Gender
Varies: Mercury can be elemental, inorganic, or organic and symptoms change depending on type and if exposure was ingestion or inhalation. Inhaling elemental mercury (old thermometer, fluorescent lights) can cause difficulty breathing, vomiting, bleeding gums. Bloody diarrhea/vomiting, kidney and brain damage can occur from swallowing inorganic mercury (batteries, disinfectants). Organic mercury ... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Elevated mercury level in a person is a condition in which a blood test result shows a high enough level to cause health concerns, or an even higher level, which could cause symptoms of mercury poisoning. Mercury is a naturally occurring element that has be added to our environment and our food ...Read more
I don't know much about herbal medicine but don't have good insurance. Are there any plant treatments for elevated mercury levels?
Used to eat a lot of fish my mercury levels were slightly elevated@10 does the body naturally detoxify mercury. I'm i at any risk.
What lab?: Be very sure you know what lab is doing the assay. There are some disreputable labs in the "heavy metal" screening business that engage in non-evidence-based practices. The whole business of mercury in fish as contentious with much scaremongering -- one study showed kids in poor nations that ate more fish & had slightly more mercury were also smarter as (?) they got more protein. I wouldn't worry. ...Read more
Is there a way to keep mercury levels low in someone who eats shark regularly? This would be a precautionary measure. I've read that se binds to hg
L have purchased infi digital BP monitoring system.What is the accuracy level compare to mercury monitoring system?
Need more specifics: What do you mean by "histamine and sulfur intolerance"? Do you know that you have high mercury levels? You evidently have a source of medical care for several conditions. Best to consult your own doc with complex questions. Sorry can't be of more help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had 2.5 oz of cooked ahi tuna. I later read ahi tuna is on the "avoid list" due to its higher Mercury level. Is my baby ok? Can i fix it?
Stop worrying: There is no actual evidence that any baby has ever been harmed by mercury in fish apart from two tragic pollution disasters. These recommendations are subscientific and are best guesses to allay public fears. In two overseas studies, kids eating fish like this actually did better than others. Comply from now on and keep being a good mother. ...Read more
If an electrician is exposed to high levels of mercury and becomes ill, how do doctors detect it if the blood levels are no longer high?
Difficult: Detecting mercury is most reliable from blood or urine, but fades a few days after last exposure. Hair testing is long-term positive, but is a test not standardized, and is not helpful for inorganic (elemental) mercury if that is the type of exposure implied for this case...it is best for organic mercury from seafood. Read more: http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/mercury/tab/test/ ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Elevated mercury levels
- Does elevated mercury levels cause developmental delay in child?
- Does elevated mercury levels cause congenital abnormalities?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of urinalysis protein in elevated mercury levels?
- Elevated mercury levels urinalysis protein
- What sort of disorder is an elevated mercury level?
- Is eating fish and concerned about mercury a symptom of elevated mercury levels?
- Talk to a pediatrician online