Doctor insights on:
Elevated Blood Urea Nitrogen May Cause Flu Like Symptoms
kidney dysfunction: Creatinine is a byproduct of muscle metabolism and is excreted by the kidneys. High serum creatinine generally indicate kidney damage.High levels can be seen in muscle damage, people who consume creatine supplements. BUN is also a byproduct of protein metabolism which is excreted by the kidneys.If serum BUN and creatinine are elevated, it suggests that there may be kidney dysfunction. ...Read more
The flu, otherwise known as influenza, is a viral infection of the nose and throat. Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headaches, and coughing. Children with the flu often have nausea and vomiting as well. Some strains of the flu are preventable by getting a yearly flu ...Read more
I am a 53 year old male, recently got medically tested. Blood urea nitrogen is 51.24mg/dl ; creatinine serum is 5.46mg%. What is the significance ?
BUN liver: Urea is produced thru the ornithine cycle in the liver thus BUN levels reflect functioning of the liver/kidneys. ...Read more
Normal: Seems normal- however could be slightly abnormal if this is a 90 yr old emaciated female or a very small child. ...Read more
Urea cycle stops: The ammonia that the body generates during metabolism doesn't get detoxified by being turned into urea. ...Read more
Can a patient with ongoing blood transfusion be extracted with blood to be tested for Blood Urea Nitrogen?
Of course: And results are basically valid. BUN is unlikely to be much elevated in infused blood as it's taken from healthy folks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of elevated blood urea nitrogen
- Is hiccups a symptom of elevated blood urea nitrogen?
- High blood urea nitrogen symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High levels of blood urea nitrogen symptoms
- What causes high blood urea nitrogen?
- What causes abnormally low blood urea nitrogen?
- Is urea nitrogen and creatinine elevated in leukemia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free