Doctor insights on:
Elevate Your Feet
Bring swelling down.: After being on your feet all day, gravity pulls fluid in the only direction it knows... Down. You might notice them mildly swollen after a long day of walking. Keeping your feet propped up at the end of the day is relaxing and it can help return that accumulated fluid in your feet back to the rest of the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Somewhat important: The swelling of the feet is more annoying than anything. If you elevate your feet the swelling will tend to be less but really the fluid is just being redistributed. More important is to find the cause of the CHF and to treat it appropiately. That said, elevating the feet or wearing tight support stockings will help control the annoying feet swelling. ...Read more
Shock: Elevating legs during shock helps to keep the blood in the central cavity. It is important only for initial emergency. The need for rapid hospitalization and er assessment is ultimately more important and replacing lost fluids and blood. Call 911 immediately then tend to the patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Living: You don't need a physician to tell you to get the foot off of the floor and from hanging low allowing fluids to pool in the foot by gravity. Raise the leg onto the couch or bench or pillow.... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can buspar elevate your mood?
- How long should you elevate swollen feet?
- Does whey protein elevate your uric acid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can thyroid medication elevate your liver enzymes and cause pain?
- Elevating head
- Shoes that are good for your feet
- Walking on the side of your feet
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online