Doctor insights on:
Electrolyte Abnormality Fluid And Electrolyte Balance
Depends: Lots of potential problems. Abnormalities in sodium, potassium, magnesium are not uncommon. Abnormalities in glucose (not an electrolyte) are common. Careful monitoring, and appropriate changes in formulas, or Insulin dosing can help keep these down to a minimum. Some patients have been able to be maintained on long-term TPN (>10-15 yrs) in good health. Infection always a risk too. ...Read more
No: Fluid & electrolyte balance in the peri-operative time period is highly variable. It depends on a person's medical conditions before surgery such as heart failure or kidney disease. It depends on medications used before surgery. It depends if the surgery was long, complicated, emergency, or due to sepsis. Fluid retention & electrolyte imbalance early after major surgery is common & correctable. ...Read more
Does longer term MiraLax (polyethylene glycol) use cause electrolyte or acid/base balance abnormalities?
As one who exercises regularly, is it good to drink "electrolyte" drinks to replenish one's electrolyte balance?
Yes: The replenishment fluids should contain sodium, postassium supplemtation as well as water. ...Read more
What is Ions or Electrolytes function for our body? Could Ions stimulates our thirst and enhance our body fluid ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fluid and electrolyte balance minerals
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Fluid and electrolyte balance nursing considerations
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Electrolyte abnormality
- Dehydration electrolyte abnormality
- What is the best treatment for electrolyte abnormality?
- Does dehydration cause electrolyte abnormality?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free