Doctor insights on:
Where on my body can I get an electrolysis treatment? I like the idea of permanent hair removal because i dislike waxing my legs and bikini area. Are these areas i can get electrolysis?
Which treatment is effective with least side effects for hair removal on face & other parts of body. Electrolysis or laser?Which type of laser is best
Hair removal: It depends on hair color & skin type. Lasers are very effective for hair reduction (hair isn't actually removed, just miniaturized to where it doesn't show about skin surface) in the hands of a properly trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Gray, blond or red hair does not respond to laser treatment. Proper laser must be used for correct skin type which is determined before tx. ...Read more
Very soon: Electrolysis usually does not cause much more than minor redness that should be relieved in less than 1 day if not in a few days. If there is persistent redness or pimples, you should consult the person who did the treatment to make sure there is no infection or adverse reaction. ...Read more
Prescription Meds: Your doctor may be willing to prescribe a topical anesthetic to apply about 45 minutes before your treatment. (emla is one brand.) some people benefit from using other painkilers, such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or even narcotics to relieve the pain of electrolysis. A dental block, particularly for the sensitive upper lip area, may be available also. Some people use no meds at all, and do fine! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is treatment for croop?
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- Duration of chlamydia after treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- Azithromycin uti treatment
- Talk to a dermatologist online