Top
10
Doctor insights on: Electric Shock And Water

Share
1

1
Sometimes i got electric shock from any thing connect to electricity while others don't i even got it from water if I have an injury in my finger :d?

Sometimes i got electric shock from any thing connect to electricity  while others don't i even got it from water if I have an injury in my finger :d?

You're electrifying: This maybe related to your electric personality, but more likely related to your shoes. You are generating a lot of static electricity which results from rubbing differing surfaces. Try wearing sneakers with rubber soles. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
Dr. William Walsh
1,178 doctors shared insights

Shock (Definition)

Shock is a condition in which a person cannot circulate enough blood (carrying oxygen & nutrients) to the vital organs in the body. If shock persists, various parts of the body will stop working, and the person will die. Causes of shock include injuries, excessive bleeding, heart failure, infections, chemical imbalances, ...Read more


2

2
Electric shock symptoms ?

Electric shock symptoms ?

Electric sensations: The sensation of "electric shocks" is common in certain types of neuropathic pain. Also, it can happen after radiation therapy to the spine. You can start with your primary care physician to evaluate your symptoms -- s/he may also want you to see a neurologist. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
4

4
Electric shock feeling all over skin?

See neurologist: You may be developing a peripheral neuropathy, and would be beneficial to have a neurologist check out. We may help a bit further by a Virtual online consult. ...Read more

5

5
Electric shock feeling, what is this?

NERVE IRRITATION : Above most likely depending onlocation. Anxiety rare caue. Pcp or nerologist can do tests to verify esp EMG and ncv. ...Read more

6

6
What can you do if a infant/child gets an electric shock?

What can you do if a infant/child gets an electric shock?

Depends on variables: There are some who will touch an outlet and get a brief shock, in one finger and out the other as we all have on occasion. When that hapends, i still want them taken to the er, at normal speed, where they will check for evidence of broader damage. Any shock where it arks through the body, and passes through the heart, could be deadly and needs urgent, 911 care, CPR or supportive monitoring. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
7

7
What can cause electric shock-like sensations on my face?

What can cause electric shock-like sensations on my face?

Trigeminal Neuralgia: This affliction can cause great grief for many of its sufferers. The facial nerves run in front of your ear, and when irritated they cause excruciating pain in the side of the face. We don't know all the different ways this nerve can be irritated or stimulated. It has been said that a brush of wind can cause the symptoms. The pain is described as lancinating but brief. Talk to your doctor about treatment options. ...Read more

8

8
What are the effects of electric shock to the back of the head?

What are the effects of electric shock to the back of the head?

Electric shock: The effects of an electrical shock depends upon the amount of current and how long of a contact was made. Mostly, small shocks cause some local tissue swelling and pain. Unlikely to affect your brain as the way electricity runs is through the low resistance parts of the body. Might get some neck pain, some neuralgias of the scalp. Again, effects depend upon the amount of current really. ...Read more

9

9
What should you do if an infant/child accidentally gets an electric shock?

What should you do if an infant/child accidentally gets an electric shock?

Degree of shock: It depends on the degree of the electric shock. If it were a mild shock there should be no problem. However, if hej had a major shock take to the er immediately to have his cardiac status evaluated. He should also be checked for severe burns. ...Read more

10

10
Do health consequences result from getting an electric shock and is it dangerous?

Do health consequences result from getting an electric shock and is it dangerous?

Depends: It depends on amperage and voltage. The shocks u get from home wiring, appliances r less likely to cause a lot of harm if all is up 2 code. If shocked at a crucial time as your heart sends out its electric info can b fatal. Also the higher the wire outside the higher the voltage. To house 220v, next up 440v higher 880v and so on. Contact with can lead 2 death or loss of limb. 1760v lights out. ...Read more