Doctor insights on:
Effects Methotrexate Ra Nodules
Methotrexate was originally used in the early 1950's as a treatment for cancer but was also found to be effective in many other diseases including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It has anti inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties which make it an excellent first line therapy for RA ...Read more
Is it important to take glucosamine if I have RA and is it ok if i took it when am taking methotrexate ? And what r the benefits and side effects?
Is methotrexate has to be taken life long for RA is the only available option? If yes means , what are chronic complications of taking methotrexate?
No there are many: Option, your dodctor will be to chose the best option for you. Dry cough, shortness of breath; diarrhea, vomiting, white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips; blood in your urine or stools; urinating less than usual or not at all; fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; sore throat and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; pale skin, easy bruising and others. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Everything!: Consensus drug of first choice by the acr and eular (american & european rheumatology groups for treating moderate to severe ra. Frequently given with other drugs such as plaquenyl, sulfasalazine, or low dose prednisone. I beleve it is better to take subcutaneously, rather than oral. Should be given with folic acid. ...Read more
Depends on your RA -: Being controlled or not. Your symptoms might get worse. You should check with your rheumatologists as they might change it for some other medicine or if you are having side effects from the mtx, you may need some meds to counter those effects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Effects of coming off methotrexate
- What are the side effects of methotrexate and warfarin?
- Side effects of methotrexate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Brain surgery for ra nodules on the hands
- What are the side effects of methotrexate and anticoagulant?
- Intrathecal methotrexate side effects
- What side effects does food allergy shots give someone with ra?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free